LEGO has been teasing this for weeks and the secret is finally out (officially). This is a set fit for James Bond himself, assuming he had the attention span to sit in one place and assemble several hundred little plastic bricks that would recreate anything other than a woman. Honestly, I don’t think James Bond would be a LEGO fan, but I doubt he’d be a movie fan either so what does he know?!
This baby is loaded with all the latest gadgetry from the Q Branch of 1964. It’s a little boxier than the real deal, but that’s to be expected with a sexy beast like this and all it’s subtle curves. Personally, really like it, but I fear the $180 price tag will make it difficult to pick up if the run is short lived. That’s my Voltron money!
I’m only including a couple of pictures here, but if you want to see more and I mean a lot more, check out the site’s Flickr page for some great shots.
Here’s the announcement video.
Here’s the press release for all the relevant details:
10262 LEGO® Creator Expert James Bond™ Aston Martin DB5
Ages 16+. 1,290 pieces
US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – FR 149.99€ DK – 1399DK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Uncover the secrets of the Bond… James Bond Aston Martin DB5!
Experience the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with a wealth of sophisticated details and 007 gadgetry, including rotating license plates, ejector seat, tyre scythes and front wing machine guns.
Get a license to build with the awesome LEGO® Creator Expert 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5. This impressive replica model captures the elegance and timeless sophistication of Agent 007’s iconic 1964 sports car, and comes with a wealth of authentic details and functioning gadgetry. Open the doors and you’ll discover a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and a door compartment containing a telephone. And when it’s time for action, activate the passenger ejection seat, turn the rotating license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield, deploy the wheel-mounted tire slashers and pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns. This collectible model car also features a detailed straight-6 engine, drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts and front and rear Aston Martin logos. The model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia—a must-have for fans of the Aston Martin DB5, James Bond movies and LEGO building sets.
• Authentic replica of the world-famous 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports car, featuring a classic design with drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts, opening trunk, hood and doors, and a wealth of James Bond gadgetry, including a working ejection seat, rotating license plates, rear-window bullet shield, front-wing machine guns and wheel mounted tire slashers.
• This LEGO® James Bond Aston Martin DB5 model also features opening doors and a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and door compartment with telephone.
• Lift the hood to check out the straight-6 engine detailing.
• Pull back the rear bumper to eject unwelcome passengers.
• Rotate the license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield and deploy the wheel-mounted tyre scythes
• Pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns.
• Own this collectible replica of the Aston Martin DB5, as featured in the classic James Bond Goldfinger movie.
• New-for-August-2018 special elements include a drum-lacquered macaroni connector, 2×4 tile and 1m beam, plus a printed 1×2 tile with grille pattern.
• Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.lego.com from 1 August, 2018
(LEGO VIP Availability July 18)
Will you be picking up this set?