The word is finally out and the long awaited LEGO Voltron Ideas set is officially revealed. At a height of 40cm and a piece count of 2321, LEGO claims it’s the largest buildable LEGO mech ever and I’d be too gob-struck to bother checking out that claim even if I didn’t trust them (It would just be an excuse to go look at mechs anyway). I’m not saying this is the greatest thing to ever come out of LEGO Ideas, but I just did and I stand by that statement.
This meme has never been more true for me.
I keep pouring over all the details and I just can’t wait to get my hands on it so I can swoosh the lions around and see how far I can push his posing limits. To say I was excited when the email arrived in my inbox this morning would be a monumental understatement of limitless hyperbole. Swoon.
It will be available on August 1st for the general public and July 23rd for VIP members, but there will be some available for a lucky few at SDCC. I’ve never wished I was going to SDCC more than right now. Honestly, I can’t even really focus at the moment, so I’m just going to let the press release and the pictures speak for themselves while I continue to drool over them.
Let’s go Voltron force in LEGO® style!
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- • Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
- • Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
- • Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
- • Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
- • Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
- • This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
- • Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- • Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
- • Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
- • Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- • Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- • Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
- • Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.
LEGO VIP Early Access: Jul 23, 2018.
Wow. I can not wait. I need two. At least.
My wife is going to kill me.
Mega thrusters are GO!